Classic Mouldings Limited, the Home of Creative Interiors, an Interior Design Company in Kenya, is seeking a creative and experienced Interior Designer to join our team. The successful candidate should have a passion for design, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Inspect and survey sites, work to a brief that details the space used for research, and draw up rough plans.
- Develop detailed designs, selecting materials, furnishings, fixtures and fittings, lighting, and color schemes.
- Supervise construction projects more importantly on paint application and ensure that these comply with the prescribed design and quality standards.
- Maintain awareness of the different ongoing contracts/projects, attend client meetings, and provide regular updates.
- Assist the sales team with the identification of leads through sales acquisition channels.
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design, design, architecture, or a related field
- At least 3 years of professional experience as a color consultant or in a related field
- Proven experience as an Interior Designer, with a portfolio of completed projects
- Strong understanding of color theory and the ability to apply that knowledge in practical ways
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to connect with clients and understand their needs and preferences
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and ability to visualize design concepts.
- Proficiency in design software such as AutoCAD, SketchUp, and InDesign
INDICATORS OF GOOD PERFORMANCE OF THE JOB
- Designed spaces are practical for their purpose as well as visually pleasing
- Business development
- Client expectations are met
- Costs are kept within budgets
- Client and project deadlines are met
- Excellent eye for detail and color.
- Demonstrable follow-up skills.
- Managerial experience.
- An imaginative and creative thinker.
- An innovative problem solver.
- Self-driven, excellent communicator with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrable ability to handle multiple tasks and work with minimum supervision.
- Relationship building and maintenance skills.
- Records maintenance and reporting skills.
- Work planning skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- High levels of integrity.
- Demonstrable ability to work within set deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to take and give instructions.
- Demonstrable ability to work in a team.
Kindly attach your Combined CV and portfolio
Classic Mouldings Limited is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.